History

Having been a keen Welsh pony and cob enthusiast for a number of years and also having designed and published a few websites, both for himself and a few friends, our managing director, Brian Dowding, decided in 1999 to combine these two interests and started Equestrian Websites.

In September 1999 Equestrian Websites registered welshpony.co.uk, welshcob.co.uk and welshponyandcob.co.uk, followed by welshponyandcob.com in December 1999.

In order to protect the business from cloning we have subsequently registered domain names with most available combinations of Welsh Pony and Cob.

As well as the core business of websites for equestrian enterprises, particularly Welsh Ponies and Cobs, the business quickly diversified to both produce websites for almost any individual, enterprise or organisation and also into domain name registration and website hosting. The business has grown steadily over the years and is now a major player in the specialist area of equestrian websites, though the non-core business also contributes an increasing share of revenue.

Current

We are now the World Leader, in terms of numbers of websites managed, for Welsh Pony and Cob websites.

Of the websites we currently manage, on behalf of clients, approximately 90% are equestrian based websites with the remaining 10% classified as non-equestrian websites. Whilst the actual numbers of websites are still increasing more rapidly in the equestrian side, the non-equestrian side is actually increasing in % terms.

We are Accredited Registrar members of Nominet and as such are able to directly register .uk domain names. We have registrar status with eNom and OnlineNIC (USA based ICANN & CORE registrars) and CentralNIC (.uk.com etc registrar).

We provide customer support through our customer support website which has an ever increasing number of self help articles on various relevant topics. You may also obtain technical support via our Support Ticket System (this is our preferred method), or via Email and through our dedicated customer support telephone line.

Our Salesdesk (0845 6585 444 or +44 1443 879777) and our Helpdesk (client only telephone service on 0845 1665561 or +44 1443 879795) is staffed during office hours and well into the evening each day. If you happen to telephone us when the office is unmanned our answering service will give out our out of hours contact telephone number (+44 (0)7974 770684), where you can contact us at any time, or you can leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible.

We pride ourselves in aiming to provide excellent customer service. If you feel at any time that our service falls short of this aim, please initially use our Support Ticket System to raise your complaint. If you are not happy with our response please contact our CEO on (+44) 01443 838399.

Equestrian Websites is a trading name of Eqwebs Limited, a company registered at Companies House, Cardiff, UK. Company No. 4999212
Registered Office: Internet House, 61 Cardiff Road, Bargoed, CF81 8PA, UK.